Here’s the opportunity for you. We’re a nimble and lean team who hustles to unlock huge results for our clients. We’re looking for a Digital Design Intern for our growing team to take conversion rate optimization and user experience insights and turn them into visual design for lead-gen and online ecommerce retailers.
This role requires a strong focus on articulating strategic recommendations into elegant design solutions, finding the most effective UI, and identifying and aligning to existing design patterns.
This is a paid internship.
The Digital Design Intern is responsible for delivering clear and effective visual design.
This includes contributing to the visual design of A/B and multivariate test variants and formulating internal brand guidelines.
This position reports to Director of Conversion and UX Strategy.
Applications without a cover letter will not receive a response.
A qualified candidate for this role will exhibit the following:
- Highly creative: we're constantly looking for the points of highest leverage since we're small and scrappy
- Pixel-obsessed: experience with digital design tools (Illustrator, Sketch, or similar, 1 year)
- Feedback-happy: able to comfortably and articulately give and receive criticism and improve from there (classroom setting ok)
- Soft skills: ability to communicate visually and verbally
- Ability to quickly iterate in low to mid to high fidelity
- Strong interest in design patterns, brand guidelines, website design, and visual communication
- Currently pursuing or recently completed a degree in Digital Design, Graphic Design, or similar
- Interest in UX design and experience in interactive prototyping preferred
The role’s success will be determined through the following scorecard metrics:
- Contribution to internal brand guidelines
- Design of A/B and multivariate tests
- Assistance with other visual collateral as-needed
- Contribution to client-facing or internal presentations
This role will be asked to do the following functions on a regular basis:
- Create test designs
- Design A/B and multivariate tests at the direction of the strategy team
- Iterate using existing website design patterns, grids, colors, and typefaces
- Iterate in low, mid, and high fidelity
- Iterate as-needed
- Present solutions confidently, give and take feedback generously
- Create presentations
- Create and contribute to client-facing or internal presentations
- Create visual aids as-needed: icons, charts, etc.
- Contribute to the visual voice of the brand
- Contribute to presentation templates
- Contribute to expanding internal brand guidelines based on existing collateral
- Other visual collateral as-needed and/or requested